Botan White Rice 5 lbs
Product Number - 01714
Bin Number - 4157
Short grain rice is used for oriental pastries and specialty recipes of Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Southeast Asian origin. Although not usually eaten like regular rice, sweet rice has gained recent popularity with gourmet cooks because of its versatility.
More Product Information
Directions: Combine 1-1/2 cups Botan Calrose Rice and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve. Makes about 4 cups cooked rice or 6 (2/3 cup) servings.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (45 g) uncooked
Servings per Container Approx.: 50
Net wt. 5 lbs. (2.26 kg)
- Product of Japan
- Percent Daily Values (DV) are
based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Not responsible for typos,
or omission stated or implied.
CHICKEN & RICE CHILE VERDE RECIPE
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 large chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 lbs), skin and excess fat removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 c)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 3/4 c Botan Calrose Rice
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1 c frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 c grated Monterey jack cheese
- Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/4 c hot water; set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken in a single layer. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to same pan; saute 30 seconds.
- Mix in rice, chiles, oregano, and bouillon. Arrange chicken in a single layer over top. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle peas over chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Serve with cheese.
|Rating:||Saturday Feb 06 2010 15:18||by Victor|
|shipping is low and price is super low. i'm likin it!|
Back to top