S&B Golden Curry Mild 3.5 oz
Product Number - 01254
Bin Number - 3049
S & B Golden Curry sauce mix producers presents a milder take on their more tradtional offerings in the Golden Curry mild brand name mixture. This Japanese curry option includes a hint of spiciness tailored to those who enjoy spice but are sensitive to hot food. Those with a taste for the scoldingly spicy dish may find this Golden Curry on the light side, so if you're more inclined to the piquant consider the S&B Curry Med Hot - 3.5 oz. product for hotter meals. Otherwise, this milder version of S & B's curry may your curry solution.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||70|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||7 g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat||4 g||20 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||990 mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||2 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Serving Size: 1/5 package (20 g)
Servings per Container: 5
Net wt. 3.5 oz (100 g)
Wheat flour, edible oils (palm oil, canola oil), salt, sugar, curry powder, spices, caramel color, monosodium glutamate (flavor enhancer), malic acid.
- Product of Japan
- Keep refrigerated in airtight container after opening.
- Percent Daily Values (DV) are
based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Not responsible for typos,
or omission stated or implied.
Golden Curry Directions:
- Cut 1 to 1-1/2 lbs of lean beef (or chicken, lamb, shrimp, or tofu)
- Dice one large onion.
- In a large skillet, sauté meat and onion in oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. If desired, add carrots, potato, celery, or just about any vegetable you like. Discard excess oil.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat (and potato) is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Break Golden Curry Sauce Mix (roux) into small pieces and add to pot stirring until (roux) is completed melted.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes or so stirring constantly. (If sauce becomes too thick, just add water)
- Pour over freshly cooked rice.
You may increase or decrease the amount of vegetables and meat by as much as 50% if you wish. However, the amount of water you add should not be decreased. If the consistency of the curry stew is too thick, adjust it by adding water at the end. S&B curry roux contains everything, so you do not need to add salt or pepper.
|Rating:||Sunday Jul 21 2013 23:23||by Moxie|
|I ordered this curry sauce mix because I have watched an internet personality show how to make Curry Udon. I was not disappointed in the least by this product.|
|Rating:||Wednesday Mar 31 2010 18:56||by Samantha|
|I usually make my curry from scratch, but wanted something a little easier for those days when I'm in a hurry. So I decided to pick one of these up and see how it was. It was quick and easy to make. I made it with chicken which was frozen, so I threw it in a pot with some chicken bouillon to defrost, onions and carrots (was out of potatoes). Served it over Basmati rice (which I cooked in my rice cooker while prepping/preparing the rest). I wanted to start out with the mild since I didn't know what they considered "mild". For those who are interested, it was VERY mild. Even my daughter, who won't touch anything with a bit of spice/bite to it, devoured an entire plate! Also my husband, who's a very picky eater, enjoyed it. Though he said it was too mild for his preference, but he ate two plates worth and said that it still tasted great. I personally will most likely get something a bit spicier next time. But for those who want to start out milder, this has less bite then a mild salsa in my opinion and is a good place to start.|
Back to top