Hakubaku Organic Somen 10.6 oz
Product Number - 15085057
Bin Number - 5005
Made from wheat flour, Somen noodles are very thin and delicate. Traditionally eaten cold with a dipping sauce called tsuyu, somen noodles are a popular summertime dish.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||360 mg||4 %|
|Potassium||0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Serving Size: 2 oz. (56 g)
Servings per Container: 5
Net wt. 10.58 oz (301 g) (946 ml)
organic wheat flour (98%), sea salt (2%), water.
- Product of Japan
- Percent Daily Values (DV) are
based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Not responsible for typos,
or omission stated or implied.
Simple to Prepare
- Cook Organic Somen in rapid boiling water for 2 minutes (salt or oil is not needed).
- Drain, then rinse well with cold water. Drain again. Hint: To reheat, briefly submerge in hot water.
Recipe for Somen Noodles with Vegetable Salad
- 10.58 oz. Hakubaku Somen noodles
- 1 carrot (peeled and finely shredded)
- 1 small capsicum (finely shredded)
- 3.5 oz snow peas (finely shredded)
- 1/2 bunch chives (cut into 2 inch lengths)
- 1/2 cup herb leaves of your choice
Dressing: Italian Dressing or make your own dressing combining the following: 2 fl oz. fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 2 tbsp of olive oil.
In large bowl whisk dressing ingredients together. Cook somen noodles as per instructions (above). Add noodles, carrot, capsicum, snow peas and chives to dressing. Toss to coat well. Divide salad between plates. Scatter over herb leaves if you wish.