Product Number - 12131
Bin Number - 3219
Make your own hot and spicy Korean style Kimchee right at home. Did you know that the cabbage used in kimchee is fermented? That’s what gives it is great taste!
More Product Information
No MSG Added.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||80 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
Serving Size: 1 serving (11 g)
Serving per Container: 4
Net wt. 1-1/8 oz (32 g)
Chili pepper, garlic, ginger, shrimp, salt, sugar.
- Product of USA
- Percent Daily Values (DV) are
based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Not responsible for typos,
or omission stated or implied.
- 1 pkg NOH Korean Kim Chee Mix
- 5 lbs. of cabbage (Won Bok-Chinese cabbage or Round cabbage)
- 1 pound chicken (or wings, drummettes, thighs, etc.)
- Other vegetables can be used (turnips, cucumbers, etc.)
- 1 cup of Rock Salt (medium kiln), or 1 cup of table salt.
- 1 gallon (16 cups) of water
- Fill a large container (pot, pan, etc.) with 1 gallon of water
- Add 1 cup salt.
- Cut cabbage 1-1/2 x 2 inches in size
- Place all of the cut cabbage into the container of water
- Using a large, heavy dinner plate, keep the cabbage submerged under water for at least 8 hours
- After this period, rinse the cabbage in tap water and drain in colander
- Empty 1 package of NOH Korean Kim Chee Mix into the large container
- Add 1/2 cups of water and mix well. Add the cabbage and mix thoroughly
- After mixing, place cabbage in a quart-size container. (ie: jar with a lid).
- Press the cabbage down firmly, allowing 1/4 space at the top
- Close the lid and allow to stand for 1 day (unrefrigerated)
- This will develop the full flavor. By following these directions, you will have made two (2) quarts of Kim Chee
- cut cucumbers into 1" cubes
- place in a large container and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of table salt
- mix thoroughly
- let stand for 10-15 minutes
- rinse in tap and water and drain in colander
- add 1 package of NOH Korean Kim Chee Mix and mix well
- place in quart-size container(do not press down)and refrigerate
Turnips: Follow the above directions, but slice the turnip into 1/8" slices, or 1" squares
Cucumbers: Cucumber Kim Chee (5 lbs of cucumbers)
Directions For Cucumber Kim Chee