Sakura Tempura Batter Mix 10 oz
Product Number - 01101
Bin Number - 4038
Sakura Tempura will add a crispy, golden brown breading to your seafood and vegetable dishes. Let this scrumptious tempura mix turn that otherwise ho-hum meal into mmm...tasty.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1 g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||40 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (26g)
Servings per Container Approx.: 9
Net wt. 10 oz. (227g)
wheat flour, corn starch, sodium bicarbonate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, burnt alum.
- Product of Japan
- Percent Daily Values (DV) are
based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Not responsible for typos,
or omission stated or implied.
Seafood & Vegetable Tempura Recipe
- 1 lb. medium to large shrimp, shelled, leaving tails on, deveined and butterflied, OR 1 lb. fish fillets, cut into 1x2-inch pieces, OR 1 lb. scallops, halved if large, OR 1 lb. combination of shrimp, fish, and scallops
- 1 large (6 oz.) green bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1x2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato (6 oz.) peeled and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 large Japanese eggplant (4 to 6 oz.) trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 lb. green beans, broccoli, or asparagus tips, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces.
- Frying Oil: Pour vegetable oil for frying, at least 2-inches deep, in a large pot, deep frying pan, or wok. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Tempura Batter: Pour 1-1/3 cups ice cold water into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle entire contents of Dynasty Tempura Batter mix over water. With wire whisk or chopsticks, stir in mix only until mix is moistened and large lumps disappear. Batter should be very lumpy. Drop in 1 ice cube. Do not stir batter after mixing.
- Directions For Frying: To fry shrimp, hold one at a time, by the tail, and dip into batter. Drain off excess batter slightly and gently side into hot oil. Repeat with 3 to 4 more shrimp and a few batter dipped vegetables. Fry until golden brown. Remove from oil; drain briefly on paper towel. Keep warm. Skim pieces of cooked batter from the oil with wire strainer. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve tempura with tempura dipping sauce. Note: Tempura is best when served soon after cooking.
- Tempura Dipping Sauce: For 4 servings, combine 1/4 cup Kikkoman Tempura Dipping Sauce with 1-1/4 cups hot water. Serve in small individual bowls. Or, dip in Dynasty Sweet and Sour or Plum Sauces, as desired.