S&B Golden Curry Hot 3.5 oz
Product Number - 01253
Bin Number - 3050
Curry is a western term to refer to many different kinds of spiced Asian and Indian meals. Curry goes well with various types of meat as well as rice- so whether you're craving pork, chicken, or maybe even some lamb, you'll find it all goes perfect with curry. S&B has made a name for itself by making some of the best packaged curry around, so you're assured a delicious and filling meal!
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||70|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||7 g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat||4 g||20 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||860 mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
- Cut 1 to 1-1/2 lbs of lean beef (or chicken, lamb, shrimp, or tofu)
- Dice one large onion.
- In a large skillet, sauté meat and onion in oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. If desired, add carrots, potato, celery, or just about any vegetable you like. Discard excess oil.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat (and potato) is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Break Golden Curry Sauce Mix (roux) into small pieces and add to pot stirring until (roux) is completed melted.
- Simmer the instant Japanese curry for another 5 minutes or so stirring constantly. (If curry sauce becomes too thick, just add water).
- Pour over freshly cooked rice.
You may increase or decrease the amount of vegetables and meat in your Japanese curry mixes by as much as 50%. However, the amount of water you add should not be decreased. If the consistency of the curry stew is too thick, adjust it by adding water at the end. S&B curry roux comes ready to eat, so you've no need to add salt or pepper.