Almond Chicken Stir Fry
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:10 Minutes
This meal uses toasted almonds to accentuate the flavor of delicious stir-fried chicken. To add a more complex taste it requires shiitake mushrooms, onions, zucchini, and chicken bouillon. The result is a deeply satisfying meal that is simple to make, and a joy to eat.
- 4 Shiitake Dried Mushrooms
- 1 cube Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Stir-fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1 lbs Chicken Breasts (skinless, boneless, cut into 3/4 inch pieces)
- 3/4 lbs Zucchini (halved lengthwise and cut crosswide into 1/4 inch widths)
- 1 med Onion (cut into 3/4 inch chunks and separated)
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 1. Soak shiitake as package directs. Drain squeeze out extra liquid. Remove and discard shiitake stems. Thinly slice shiitake. Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup of hot water. Add 1/4 cup of cold water, corn starch oyster and stir-fry sauces. Stir until cornstarch dissolves.
- 2. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with oil. Add almonds. Stir and fry 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from pan. Again coat the inside of the pan with cooking spray.td>
- 3. Add chicken stir fry 5 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from pan. Coat pan with oil a third time. Add zucchini and onion stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and crisp. Mix in chicken, shiitake and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- 4. Remove from heat and mix almonds, then serve immediately on plate or bowl with rice.
- 5. 5 Servings