Asian Recipe Steak with Orange
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Enjoy this diced, boneless steak with uniquely Asian ingredients such as Yuzu and UC Chili sauce. It is served with a great tasting marinade that is served over rice. It makes for a delicious dinner the entire family can enjoy.
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak (boneless)
- 3 tbsp Yuzu Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sugar (plus 1 tsp)
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tbsp Hokuren Katakuri Ko Potato Starch
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Canola Blended Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Orange Peel (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp UC Fresh Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Yuzu Cooking Juice
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Water (plus 1 tbsp)
- 3 drops Orange Extract (Optional)
- Parsley (minced, for garnish)
- Orange Slices (for garnish)
- 1. Cut the steak across the grain into paper-thin slices about 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tbsp Yuzu soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Add the beef slices and toss to coat. Mix in the egg white, then add 1 tbsp of the potato starch, mixing with fingers to distribute evenly.
- 2. In a wok, heat the grapeseed oil over high heat until hot. Add the beef and stri-fry until the meat just loses its redness, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a dish.
- 3. In the oil remaining in the wok, stir-fry the orange peel over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes to soften. Mix in the chili paste, Yuzu cooking juice, the remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce, the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the ketchup, 1/4 cup water, and the orange extract. Heat to boiling.
- 4. Dissolve the remaining 1 tbsp potato starch in the remaining 1 tbsp water and add to the wok. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce boils and thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5. Return the beef to the wok and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice, garnished with parsley and orange slices, if desired.