Asian Recipe Sweet Almond Pudding
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Skip the unhealthy desert at the supermarket and try this simply delicious almond pudding. It offers a naturally sweet flavor without being overpowering, and won't have any of the preservatives or unnatural sweeteners you usually find in deserts.
- 1/3 cup Orchids Sweet Rice Flour
- 2.5 tbsp Almond Powder
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 3 cup Orchids Coconut Milk Grade A (cold)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pitted Red Dates (sliced)
- 3 tbsp Cold milk (if needed)
- 1. In small bowl, mix rice flour & almond powder; add cold water a little at a time to make a thick, smooth paste.
- 2. Thin further with 1/2 cup of cold coconut milk. Pour into heavy saucepan, add remaining coconut milk, and slowly heat to just under boiling, stirring constantly.
- 3. Keep stirring to prevent lumping & burning. Turn off heat, cover & remove to cool place. You can prepare this first stage anytime ahead of dinner, keep covered & refrigerated. Pudding should be finished just before serving.
- 4. Just before serving, reheat pudding, stirring constantly. When hot, add sugar a little at a time.
- 5. Keep stirring. Add sliced dates. Cook just under boiling point for 1 minute.
- 6. Add extra milk if pudding becomes too thick: it should have consistency of melted ice cream. Pour into individual bowls & serve hot.