Asian Recipe Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
This delicious shrimp meal is made with healthy vegetables and rice. It's flavored with great tasting bell peppers, Sun Bird seasoning, and water chestnuts. Overall it offers the complex and delectable taste that Asian sweet and sour dishes are known for!
- 4 cups Water
- 2-3 bags Maruchan Cooked white Rice
- 2 cups Carrot (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup Bell Peppers (red/green, deveined)
- 3/4 lb Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1/2 cup Orchids Water Chesnuts Whole
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 pack Sun Bird Sweet & Sour
- 1. Boiling Directions: In a pot of water, place the bag of Maruchan Cooked White Rice for 12 minutes and serve. Microwave Directions: Place the bag of Maruchan Cooked White Rice in a microwave for 2 1/2 minutes at 500 watts. (depending on your microwave, you may need to adjust the time.)
- 2. Follow Sun Bird cooking directions, on the back of the package.
- 3. Combine carrot and snow peas in a 1 quart casserole. Cover with casserole lid; microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- 4. Drain; set aside. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- 5. Add carrot mixture, water chestnuts, and next 2 ingredients; stir well. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- 6. Serve over rice.