Asian Recipe Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Create this wonderful dish to enjoy crispy, crunchy chicken balls which have a yummy taste that no store bought chicken nuggets could ever compare to. Drape them with delicious pineapple sauce to get a real taste for Asian flare.
- 1 lb Chicken (ground)
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 5 tbsp Orchids Sweet Rice Flour
- 3 tbsp Grapeseed Canola Blended Cooking Oil
- 14 oz Pineapple Chunks In Own Juice
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 Green Pepper (sliced 1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp Hokuren Katakuri Ko Potato Starch
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp Yuzu Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mitsukan Rice Vinegar
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, garlic minced, salt and white pepper powder. Add the ground chicken and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Sprinkle the remaining flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
- 2. Drop the chicken mixture by heaping tsp onto the floured waxed paper and roll in the flour to form balls.
- 3. Heat the grapeseed oil in a non-stick frypan over high heat. Add the chicken balls and cook, turning, until brown, about 6 minutes. Remove the chicken balls and drain on paper towels. Drain the oil from the frypan, reserving 1 tbsp.
- 4. Drain the juice from the pineapple into a measuring cup; add water to make 1 cup liquid. Add the bouillon cube to the pineapple juice and stir to dissolve.
- 5. Place the frypan over low heat; add the pineapple chunks and green peppers. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Combine the potato starch, sugar and minced ginger in a small bowl; stir in the soy sauce and vinegar until smooth.
- 6. Add the pineapple juice and then the potato starch mixture, stirring, and cook until clear and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7. Arrange the chicken balls over sauce and serve with hot cooked rice and crisp Chinese noodles.