Baby Corn, Bok Choy, & Tofu Stir-Fry - Lowfat
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Looking for a low fat meal filled with flavor? Try this quick and easy stir fry. The tender bok choy, earthy baby corn, and chewy cubes of tofu are all cooked to perfection inside of a savory soy sauce mixture. Serve over a scoop of steamed rice or eat it as is.
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil (toasted)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 large Garlic Clove (finely Choped)
- 4 cups Bok Choy (cut diagonally into 1)
- 3/4 lb Firm Tofu (drained and cut into 1)
- 1 can 15oz Baby Corn
- 1 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1/2 tbsp Chili Paste With Soy Bean
- 1 1/2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1. Heat the oil in a wok . Add the ginger and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the bok choy, and cook until the leaves soften and turn a deeper green. Add the tofu, baby corn, sherry, chili paste, and hoisin sauce, and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Move the stir-fry ingredients to the sides of the pan to make a well in the center of the wok , and add the cornstarch to the liquid remaining in the well. Stir until the cornstarch clarifies and the mixture thickens.
- 3. Move the stir-fry ingredients into the well and coat them with the sauce. Serve immediately.