Basil-Coconut Curry Sauce
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
This flavorful sauce gives you an exotic taste of Southeast Asia. Spicy red curry paste, fresh basil, and creamy coconut milk combine in this delicious dish. Try adding it to chicken and other meats, it's really good.
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1/4 cup Minced Fresh Lemon Grass (or 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel)
- 1 tbsp Dried Daffir Lime Leaves (or chopped fresh lemon leaves)
- 2 tsp Red Curry Paste (see recipe - Nam Phrik Kaeng Daeng )
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1. In a 1 1/2 to 2 quart pan on high heat, bring to a boil white wine, fresh ginger, fresh lemon grass (or lemon peel), kaffir lime leaves and red curry paste. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a blender, whirl mixture with cornstarch and coconut milk until smooth. Return to pan (with 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves if not using fresh, following). Stir sauce over high heat until boiling. If made ahead, chill airtight up to 1 day. Reheat to simmering; if needed, add coconut milk to thin. Stir in fresh basil leaves. Serve hot.