Bean Curd With Oyster Sauce
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Looking for a savory dish with a healthy twist? Then try these bite sized cubes of pan fried tofu in a rich and delicious oyster sauce. Oyster sauce is a thick dark sauce that has a sweet and salty seafood flavor.
- 1/2 lb Soy Bean Curd (canned or Fresh)
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 2 tbsp Premium Oyster Sauce
- Cornstarch Paste
- 1 tsp Peanut Oil
- 1. Slice bean curd into 1/4" cubes; sliver green onions. In hot wok, heat oil just to point of smoking.
- 2. Add bean curd, green onions and garlic. Stir gently to avoid breaking up curd; turn pieces to coat with oil. Be sure oil is not too hot or curd will tend to stick to pan.
- 3. When aroma of garlic is apparent, add stock and bring to boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 30 seconds (don't let curd fall apart). Remove cover; stir in oyster sauce and sugar.
- 4. Increase heat, and when liquid boils again, add enough cornstarch paste to make a creamy (but not too thick) sauce.
- 5. Swirl in peanut oil to make a glaze. Serve over rice or in a shallow serving bowl.