Chopstix Glass Noodle Salad
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Bean threads, also known as glass noodles, get their name because you can see right through them like a window. Mixed with a bunch of crispy shredded vegetables and your very own homemade salad dressing, this healthy entree will be a hit at the dinner table.
- 8 oz Bean Threads or Rice Sticks
- 1 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1/2 lb Snow Peas
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 3 oz Enoki Mushrooms
- 3 oz Daikon Sprouts or Other Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Orange Peel (grated or minced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (minced)
- 1/4 cup Green Onions (minced)
- 9 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Safflower Oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1. Soak bean threads or rice sticks in hot water until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly and cut into 4-inch lengths.
- 2. Snap off stems of snowpeas and discard. Blanch snowpeas for 5 seconds in in 2 quarts boiling water. Immediately transfer snowpeas to a bowl of ice water.
- 3. When cold, drain and pat dry, then cut into fine slivers. Stem and seed pepper, then slice into 2-inch slivers. Remove and discard dirty ends of mushrooms and separate strands.
- 4. In a food processor or blender, mince the garlic and ginger. Add orange peel, cilantro and green onions. Process until finely minced, then add remaining dressing ingredients and blend to combine.
- 5. To assemble, combine the bean threads (or rice sticks) with the other salad ingredients. Pour the dressing over and toss to combine thoroughly. May be prepared up to 2 hours in advance.