This recipe uses fish stock, lime, and soy sauce for taste, with mushrooms and ginkgo nuts for texture. It results in a tart, great tasting soup with hints of a fishy essence. It's simple to make, and makes a great appetizer.
- 4 Shrimp (medium)
- 2 Okra
- 2 oz Oyster
- 1 Lime
- (to be squeezed over meal once served)
- 3 oz Tuna Flakes
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 8 Peeled Gingko Nuts (canned)
- 1. Peel and devein the shrimp. Place them in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Wash okra and slice it into rings about ¼ in thick.
- 3. Cut oyster mushrooms into bite-sized chunks.
- 4. Boil tuna flakes in water, adding a little salt. Add soy sauce to taste and continue to simmer
- 5. Put the okra, mushrooms, and gingko nuts in teapots. Add stock to teapot, using colander to keep out tuna flakes. Let stand for a few minutes. Add shrimp.