Ginger Shiitake Mushroom Fried Rice
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Fried rice is always a great tasting meal, but now we've made it healthier with the additions of ginger, mushrooms, and shirataki noodles. So try this healthy take on a delicious meal and prepare to be impressed.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil (extra)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger Minced
- 3 Scallions (white and green chopped)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb Shiitake Mushroom (sliced)
- 3 cups White Rice (cold and cooked)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1. In wok over moderate heat until hot, add 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil and swirl around wok. Add half of egg mixture and swirl wok to coat bottom with a thin layer about 5 inches in diameter.
- 2. Then set the egg for about 45 seconds, transfer with a wide metal spatula to a plate to cool. Make another egg crêpe with another 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil and remaining egg mixture in same manner.
- 3. Stack crêpes, roll into a cylinder, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips, then unroll.
- 4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add ginger, white part of scallions, and salt and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- 5. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Crumble rice into wok and stir-fry until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add scallion greens, egg strips, and sesame oil, tossing to combine.