Mackerel Fried in Oil
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
This recipe calls for mackerel to be fried to a golden brown finish. The fish is marinated in a mixture of sake, red peppers, and soy sauce, and is then fried in a pan. The end result is a deliciously satisfying meal sure to make any hungry stomach happy.
- 14 oz Mackeral Fillet
- 1 Red Chili Pepper (dried)
- 3.25 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Cornflour Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1. Wipe mackerel and pat dry. Slice into 1x1½ inches.
- 2. Seed and chop red pepper. Combine 3 tbsp sake with cornflour and chopped red pepper. Marinate the mackerel for 20 minutes.
- 3. Turn the fillets frequently to ensure they are well-coated.
- 4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mackerel until it is golden-brown. Before serving, drain the fillets thoroughly.