Salmon over Shirataki Noodles
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Make fish for dinner tonight with healthy meal from AFG! With fish cooked til it's golden brown, prepared with such delicious ingredients like minced garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper, it's sure to be a dish you'll love.
- 4 Salmon Fillets or Chicken
- (your preference)
- 8-16 oz Shirataki Noodles
- (depending on your appetite)
- 6 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely grated)
- 1 small Zucchini (cut jullinned)
- 1 Yellow Summer Squash (cut jullinned)
- 2 oz Pine Nuts
- 2-3 dash Cayenne Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- 1. Rinse the Shirataki Noodles in cold water, set aside. Place pine nuts in a sauté or frying pan on med-high heat. Toss pan to keep them moving and brown them on several sides.
- 2. Remove nuts from pan and turn the heat to low. Place garlic and ginger along with 2 tablespoons of oil and let sweat 10 minutes.
- 3. Cut up Shirataki Noodles in several places to more of a manageable length. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Rub salmon with oil, salt & pepper. Broil skin side down until they are cooked most of the way through. Turn off and keep warm. Turn the heat up on your ginger and garlic, add the 2 squashes and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 5. Add pine nuts back in and most of your Shirataki Noodles. Reserve a small handful of the Shirataki Noodles for the salad.
- 6. Toss everything together, if it starts to stick, add more oil. Salt and pepper to taste and it’s done. I put the Shirataki Noodles in the center of the plate and top it with a salmon fillet. If you like raw green onion, that’s nice to have sprinkled on top.