Sesame Udon Noodles
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Try this well balanced noodle dish. It is made with udon noodles, and is flavored with such great ingredients as garlic, ginger, bell peppers, onions, and sesame oil. It is served with snap peas and sesame seeds sprinkled on top for a savory and complex taste.
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Root (minced)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Peanut Oil
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 dash Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 4 Green Onion (minced)
- 2 cups Snap Peas (diagonally sliced)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 7 oz Udon Noodles
- 1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce. Close the lid and shake until well blended. Set aside to let the flavors blend.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add udon noodles and cook until tender for 3 minutes. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- 3. In a bowl combine green, red and yellow bell peppers with green onion and peas. Heat it in the microwave until warm, but still crisp. Add to the noodles and pour the dressing and toss till dressing is thoroughly mixed. Finally sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.