Shirataki Recipe Chicken Chow Mein with Almond
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
This classic stir-fry recipe calls for fresh vegetables such as garlic, onions, and diced celery. Then they get stir fried with the super healthy Shirataki noodles, and mixed in with spiced chicken to create a deliciously healthy meal that will satisfy anyone's hungry stomach.
- 16 oz Shirataki Noodles
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 med Onion (sliced)
- 4 cups Napa Cabbage (sliced)
- 1 cup Celery (sliced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 pack Splenda
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Grapeseed Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Seasoned Potato Starch
- 4 cups Chicken (cooked, diced)
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds (lightly toasted)
- 1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 2. Add onion, cabbage, celery and garlic and cook until cabbage is wilted, 3 minutes.
- 3. Add Splenda, broth, water, soy sauce and sesame oil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 3 minutes.
- 4. Stir in thickener, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- 5. Stir in chicken and Shirataki noodles, lower heat and simmer until heated through.
- 6. Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.