Spicy Shirataki Noodles with Chicken
Prep Time: Minutes
Cook Time: Minutes
Try this great tasting chicken and Shirataki dinner, but be warned it's got a bit of a kick to it. With a spicy red pepper thrown in, and onions, garlic, and basil leaves to enhance the flavor, this meal has got a savory, rich taste that the whole family will love.
- 1/3 lb Chicken Breast (cut thin slices)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Sliced Shallots
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onions
- 1 tsp Chiles (chopped)
- 1 cup Thai Basil Leaves (packed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 8 oz Shirataki Fettuccine Noodles
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock (plus extra)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2-3 cups Bok Choy / blanched or Spinach (thinly sliced)
- 1. Rinse shirataki fettuccine noodles thoroughly, pat dry with towel.
- 2. Combine chicken, cornstarch and water in a bowl and toss until evenly coated and set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat. Add shallots, garlic, onions, chilies and basil leaves, then stir until fragrant, about 1 minute then add chicken.
- 4. Cook until chicken begins to turns white, about 1 minute then add fish sauce, oyster sauce, noodles, chicken stock, red bell pepper and bok choy.
- 5. Cook until chicken is done and vegetables are thoroughly hot, another 2 minutes. If pan is dry, add additional stock to moisten noodles, serve immediately.