Use this dipping sauce anytime you make tempura. The tangy hint of sweetened vinegar perfectly complements your favorite fried foods.
Prawns and Veggie Tempura:
1. Beat 1 large egg
2. Blend in 1 1/2 cups ice-cold water
3. Sprinkle 2 cups sifted cake flour evenly over liquid
4. Mix in with wire whisk only until large lumps disappear.
5. Lightly coat 2 lbs. medium prawns, cleaned, scored & drained;
6. 1 each sweet potato & zucchini, slice 1/4 inch thick and
7. 1 bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips, with batter.
8. Fry 4 to 5 pieces in 2 inches of vegetable oil in electric or deep, wide skillet preheated to 375 deg.about 2 minutes, or until golden brown
9. Drain well
10. Serve with mixture of 1/4 cup Tempura Dipping Sauce and 1 cup hot water.
11. Makes 6 servings
Refrigerate after opening.